Plant Accountant II
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Comfort starts with our 13,000+ team members across the globe,
who are transforming the power of comfort every day. Our employees
have the power to change lives, in our homes, work and communities.
We foster an inclusive environment while honoring a legacy built on
family, where everyone can be themselves.
If you are ready to join an industry leading organization where our
people are the most important asset, and innovation propels us into
the future, you're ready to take your seat at La-Z-Boy
WE BELIEVE IN THE TRANSFORMATIONAL POWER OF COMFORT Job Summary:
This position is responsible for a wide variety of accounting and
finance functions and is a primary accounting and finance partner
with various leaders in their assigned business segment, assisting
leadership with the annual operating plan, forecast, and actual
reporting that enables management to understand the team's
financial performance. This position's primary focus is supporting
the assigned business unit by preparing financial reporting on each
business unit's performance, recording journal entries/preparing
account reconciliations, performing variance analyses, and monthly
and annual forecast preparation. Job Description: KEY
* Primary liaison between Accounting and leadership of various
corporate business units. Regularly meets with leadership to assist
in the preparation of the monthly forecast and the annual operating
* Assists with the monthly closing of the corporate financial
statements, including recording journal entries and preparing
* Prepare and record non-standard journal entries in the general
ledger system and complete reconciliations of related balance sheet
* Assists in the gathering of information requested by our internal
and external auditors during interim and year-end reviews and SOX
* Assist the business with analyzing their variances between actual
results and forecast each fiscal month. Document and substantiate
explanations for these variances for management review. Assist the
business with monthly updates to their departmental forecast.
* Assists in the ongoing compliance with key internal control for
areas of responsibility.
* Prepares basic management reporting documents. This includes
identifying variances to the plan/forecast/prior year and
* Participation in projects which may include, identifying and
implementing process improvements which drive efficiencies,
technical research, and ad hoc financial analysis.
* Initiates basic research on issues identified on respective
* Supports accurate and timely reporting.
* Regularly communicates to business partners on basic financial
* Researches, analyzes, and resolves reconciling items and
unreconciled differences identified during the reconciliation
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position is part of the Accounting department which ultimately
is responsible for the Balance Sheet and Income Statement of their
assigned business unit. Results will be used for internal
management reporting, and the more complex accounting concepts
which impact the company overall.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with
2-4 years of related experience or equivalent.
* Strong attention to detail and deadline driven.
* Ability to effectively impact and influence others.
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid relationships
with other departments
* Must have strong analytical skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and exceptional Excel
* Knowledge of general ledger accounting systems
* Up to 10% Travel.
* Knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting standards and the ability to
communicate effectively to non-accounting personnel
* Oracle/E1 experience
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which
all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best
work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our
employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and
viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best
possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as
we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice. Weekly Hours: 40 Work Shift:
Keywords: La-Z-Boy, Cleveland , Plant Accountant II, Accounting, Auditing , Dayton, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!