Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Mueller Water Products
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Mueller Company, a subsidiary of Mueller Water Products and
publicly traded company (NYSE: MWA) is the nation's leading
manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas
distribution industries and North America's largest and only
full-line supplier of potable water distribution products. Mueller
Company manufactures valves for water and gas systems, including
iron gate, butterfly, tapping, check, plug, and ball valves, as
well as dry-barrel and wet-barrel fire hydrants; pipe repair
products, such as clamps and couplings used to repair leaks, as
well as municipal castings, including manhole covers and street
drain grates; and residential and commercial water meter products
and systems. It also offers metering, leak detection, pipe
condition assessment, and other products and services for the water
infrastructure industry, as well as provides installation,
replacement, and maintenance services on new and existing valves,
fire hydrants, and service lines.
Manufacturing Engineers will apply their solid understanding of
engineering principles and professional practices to contribute to
the ongoing development of Mueller's process control
This position will lead the integration of new product lines in the
Cleveland, TN facility and be additionally responsible for ongoing
support and improvement of those lines.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
Manufacturing engineers are responsible for developing control
strategies for manufacturing processes throughout the value
- Safety: First and foremost, we are here to ensure a safe
working environment for the valued employees within our facility
and every business action must be rooted in that knowledge.
- Responsible for the planning, designing, documenting, and
launching of a new manufacturing process and product lines,
utilizing lean manufacturing concepts.
- Plan and design manufacturing processes and metrics to measure
production and increase safety, quality, productivity, product flow
and reliability through innovative solutions.
- Conceive, investigate, evaluate, and recommend new equipment
- Participates in the design and ordering of new equipment or
maintain and improve existing equipment by working with
Maintenance, Supervision, and Material Control.
- Develop new production techniques and assists with
troubleshooting the manufacturing process. Provide technical
leadership and assist in training other employees and
- Develop and write technical documents such as equipment
performance specifications, action plans, responsibility lists,
weekly project reports, work instructions, CNC procedures, test
procedures and other documentation to support factory
- Communicates and cooperates with other departments to
facilitate efficient operations, particularly Product Engineering,
Supply Chain, OpEx and Manufacturing regarding cost savings,
specifications, delivery, and service.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and multi-task in order
to meet deadlines
- Primary improvement focus efforts will span over safety,
quality, delivery, inventory and productivity alike.
- Support manufacturing process integration and optimization
- Root cause analysis liaison/specialist for corrective action
- Participate, contribute and possibly lead in the development of
our problem-solving culture within the organization
- This is a role best suited to those who thrive in the
development of systems and methodologies and not simply sustaining
- Demonstrated CNC and programming experience a must with an
emphasis on lathes and mills
- Strong project management skills
- Solid manufacturing and automation experience
- Manufacturing equipment integration and relocation
- Effective problem-solving skills (DMAIC, 8D, RCCM, PDCA)
- Risk analysis (PFMEA, DFMEA)
- Statistical methods (SPC, Pre-Control, Capability Indices)
- Experience with capital project scope development,
justification and management
- Working knowledge and experience in Lean Six Sigma
- Excellent PC/Systems knowledge and skills
- Lean Six Sigma Green/Black Belt
- Automation/PLC experience
- Strong leadership, communications and interpersonal skills with
ability to interact with all levels of employees
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial or
similar) and/or Master's degree in a relevant field of work or an
equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years progressive work experience with demonstrated
proficiency in manufacturing/process engineering.
- Experience in multiple disciplines, technologies, and processes
related to the position is required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of
Relocation assistance may be offered for this position for the
right candidate. Local candidates will be given priority.
Individuals interested in this position should apply for this
position through the website in which you are viewing this
opportunity or apply directly at the Mueller Water Products' career
portal. (https://www.muellercompany.com/careers) All resumes will
be collected through the Mueller Water Products' Silk Road (Open
Hire) online recruiting platform. Resumes mailed, faxed, or emailed
will not be reviewed. Mueller Company will contact desired
applicants to proceed in the hiring process. Please do not contact
Mueller regarding the status of your application.
Mueller Company offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
Current benefit offerings include: medical and dental insurance,
401K plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan program,
short-term and long-term disability benefits, vacation, tuition
reimbursement program, company-provided life insurance,
supplemental insurance at group rates, and much more.
Mueller Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other
category protected by law.
Keywords: Mueller Water Products, Cleveland , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Cleveland, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!