Case Manager Outpatient
Company: WellStar Health System
Posted on: September 22, 2018
Overview At WellStar we all share common goals. That's what makes us so successful - and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.Responsibilities WellStar is looking to add a full-time Registered Nurse Case Manager to its Popualation Management team!! As a member of the Population Health Management (PHM) Team, the Outpatient Case Manager works with members, providers and caregivers to provide intensive, comprehensive case management and increase efficient utilization of services for patient with complex needs; identifies chronic, complex and or catastrophic cases through the case management process and or referrals and initiates intensive case management according to program guidelines. This role will utilize multiple disciplines as CM to focus on various different patient populations. These include RN and RT. The goal of the PHM OP Case Manager is to effectively manage patients on an outpatient basis and during episodes of acute hospitalizations (in conjunction with their inpatient counterparts) to assure the appropriate level-of-care is provided, optimize safe transition to home or the next level of care, prevent inpatient re-admissions and ensure that the patients' medical, environmental and psychosocial needs are met over the continuum of care. The Case Manager acts as an advocate for members and their families linking them to other appropriate disciplines on the care team to facilitate patient/family education for better self-management, navigation of the health care system, and to identify community resources as necessary. The PHM OP Case Manager: - Will be embedded and connect with patients face to face or on the phone - Will coordinate with other members of the PHM team or multidisciplinary care team to adequately coordinate and manage patient needsQualifications Required Minimum Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing with a current Georgia RN license. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is highly preferred.Required Licensure: RN Licensure Required Minimum Experience:
- A minimum of five (5) years diverse clinical experience.
- Case management experience highly desirable.
- Case Manager certification (CCM) preferred.
- Computer experience with Microsoft office suite and electronic health records preferred
- Experience in data collection and analysis and basic research techniques desired. Required Minimum Skills: Knowledge of complex case management role and processes. Demonstrates customer focused interpersonal skills to effectively interact with practitioners, multidisciplinary health care team, community agencies, patients and families with diverse backgrounds, values, and religious/cultural ideals. Outgoing and autonomous, flexible personality that can engage the geriatric population over the phone and support the development of PHM CM role.Demonstrates leadership qualities including excellent organizational and time management skills, verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving, decision-making, priority setting, and work delegation. Ability to utilize risk-stratification screening criteria, review clinical data in identifying patient/client health care needs. Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country. Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today! WellStar is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any status which is protected by local, state or federal law.
Keywords: WellStar Health System, Cleveland , Case Manager Outpatient, Executive , Marietta, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!