Company: Appalachian Animal Clinic
Posted on: January 6, 2022
About This Location:Appalachian Animal Clinic is located in
beautiful Cleveland, Tennessee. We are a full-service animal
hospital and welcome dogs, cats and some exotic pets and pocket
pets as patients. We offer both emergency treatment cases as well
as pet patients in need of routine medical, surgical, and dental
care. On top of that, we have in house boarding and grooming
services. Here at Appalachian Animal Clinic we strive to improve
lives through personalized care and modern veterinary medicine to
pet owners. If you are a passionate and caring team player please
apply today!Overview:Sign on bonus offered- $1000
The Veterinary Technician (Vet Tech) is responsible for assisting
Veterinarians in the care of animals. The Vet Tech helps during
patient examinations and surgical procedures by restraining animals
when necessary, stocking examination and surgery rooms with
supplies, sterilizing tools and ensuring that equipment is in
working order. Vet Techs also communicate with clients (pet owners)
and update patient files. This position may perform an initial
evaluation of the animal's condition, clean and wrap wounds, check
vital statistics, collect samples and administer medication.
- Assist doctors with appointments, surgery, and client education
per hospital policy.
- Perform initial evaluation of the pet's condition and advise
doctor regarding nature of visit, preventative care due and client
- Obtain and prepare laboratory samples as requested by the
veterinarian, i.e. urine, fecal and ear cytology.
- Notify the doctor of lab results in a timely fashion.
- Restrain animals in a safe, efficient and compassionate manner
during examinations and procedures.
- Prepare and set up for surgical procedures while utilizing
knowledge of proper sterile field requirements.
- Monitor recovery of surgery patients and communicate with
owners per hospital policy.
- Accurately prepare and dispense medications as directed by the
doctor, ensuring that medications are added to the pet's record and
appropriately charged to the client.
- Know vaccination guidelines within the hospital and administer
vaccinations under the direction of the doctor.
- Monitor hospitalized pets and perform treatments as directed by
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records
and communicate with clients and teammates.Responsibilities /
- Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology required
- Experience as a Veterinary Technician, preferred.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT,
LVT, or LVMT).
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of
Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be
able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast
paced and challenging environment.
- Medical procedures and animal handling will be trained
thoroughly on the job; however, excellent communication skills, a
sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is
- Must be dependable, demonstrate strong work ethic, and a
willingness to learn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.Benefits:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays) - for eligible
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 4,000 veterinary professionals who all
share common interest in promoting a collaborative working
environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling
a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals
among a great team of people!#LVTSJ
Keywords: Appalachian Animal Clinic, Cleveland , Veterinary Technician, Healthcare , Cleveland, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!