Phlebotomist - $1,500 sign-on bonus
Company: Associated Pathologists LLC, dba PathGroup
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Phlebotomist I performs daily phlebotomy activities of the Patient
Service Center (PSC) or In-office Phlebotomy (IOP) accurately and
on time. The person in this position interacts with the client,
patients, and other PathGroup personnel in a professional and
courteous manner and performs with confidence, both the forensic
and clinical specimen collection and processing duties following
established practices and procedures.
* Greet customers appropriately. Treat all customers in a courteous
* Ensures all field phlebotomy and PSC specimens are collected
accurately and on time.
* Collects specimens according to established procedures. Properly
explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of the
venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection (ex.
urine or fecal) as required. Reduces patient anxiety by providing a
calm environment for patients before, during and after the
* Disposes of blood or other biohazard fluids or tissue, in
accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies. Disposes
of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws,
standards, and policies.
* Completes requisitions accurately.
* Enters patient, specimen, insurance, or billing information into
computer. Requires attention to detail to maintain high level of
accuracy. Communicate with clients to confirm handwritten orders,
verify test(s) ordered, obtain accurate billing information, i.e.
diagnosis codes, UPIN information, etc.
* Researches test/client information utilizing lab computer
* Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label,
centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test
* Package specimens for transport. Stores specimen sample according
to required temperature, places samples in appropriate collection
container/ tube, accurately labels, follows different procedures as
outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to
maintain integrity of the specimen. Demonstrates proficiency of
proper collection methods and proper processing of all
* Maintains required records and documentation.
* Maintains daily records and all appropriate PSC/IOP Phlebotomy
* Assist with compilation of monthly statistics and data.
* Performs basic clerical duties, i.e. filing, faxing, and
preparing mail. The person in this position is required to perform
electronic data entry.
* Approves time in attendance software by noon on the Monday
following the end of the pay period. Submits accurate expense and
travel logs Monday for the week prior or as directed by
* Demonstrates organizational commitment.
* Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress
code and lab coat policies, appearing neat and clean at all
* Utilizes time appropriately. Capable of maintaining fluctuating
* Displays courteous and professional behavior to clients,
patients, and co-workers. Communicates with co-workers and clients
in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working
* Answers the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner, by
incorporating the company name, self-identification and a helpful
* Performs duties in independent manner.
* Communicates pertinent information/issues to supervisor, manager
or group leader for resolution.
* Contributes to a positive work climate and to the team effort of
the department and company.
* Ensures facilities are neat, clean and in good repair, takes
appropriate action to advise Group Leader or Supervisor of required
repairs and maintenance.
* Assist with periodic inventory counts, report shortages and
problems to group leader or supervisor as they occur.
* Utilizes proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to ensure
patient and personal safety. Exercises all laboratory safety
precautions and adheres to lab procedures as stated in procedure
* Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry's
best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the
confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health
information and other sensitive company data.
* Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance
Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
* High School Diploma or GED. Equivalent work experience is
acceptable if permitted by state and laboratory guidelines.
* Phlebotomist Certification is preferred.
* 1 year of prior job related experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Associated Pathologists LLC, dba PathGroup, Cleveland , Phlebotomist - $1,500 sign-on bonus, Healthcare , Cleveland, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!