Electrician, Journeyman (LCC-A)
Company: Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated - Mi
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
Electrician, Journeyman (LCC-A)
The Electrician will be based at one of two PAE sites in Iraq
and will serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services
(OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. This
position is a trade’s technical position and will be responsible
for all facility electrical and related projects to include
maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, installation, and related
electrical. The Electrician will report to the Electrical
Supervisor. The duties and responsibilities listed below are
representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not
necessarily all inclusive.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that
safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality
Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and
materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and
- Report to and receive assignments, instructions, and directions
from the Lead Electrician, Electrical Supervisor, or O&M
- Read and interpret instructions and documentation and plans
- Move materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work
- Maintain, repair, and replace or install a broad range of
electrical equipment and support systems for embassy operation and
- Complete records, maintain tools and equipment, and perform
various clean-up activities.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including
wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level: o Two (2)
years’ related electrical experience.
- Two (2) years’ overseas work experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: o Knowledge and
experience regarding occupational hazards of the electrical trade,
related safety precautions and considerable skill required for the
installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and
equipment. o Good organizational, time management, and
communication skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment
and make independent decisions.
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in operating and
supporting electrical functions at an overseas facility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires
handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to
changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective. o
Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel. o
Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team. o
Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate
- Education: A high school diploma or GED. Diploma from a
two-year trade school program for training Electricians.
- Licenses and Certifications: Valid drivers’
license from Home of Record and valid truck driver’s license from
Home of Record.
- Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record.
- Journeyman Electrician’s Certificate or Diploma from a Trade
- Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued
security clearance or Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or be able
to obtain a favorable MRPT certification or US Government clearance
prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain
eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for
the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to
meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health,
and security measures.
- Citizenship: US Citizenship is not required.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and
dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for
deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements
for duration of deployment.
- Previous work experience in harsh environmental
- Experience working with PAE.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS:
This position may be located in a war zone, in an environment
with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be
exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment.
Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/5055 degrees
Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and
able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme
environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for
extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week
and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly
minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical
activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving
of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety
regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and
working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40
pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of
time and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during
emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated - Mi, Cleveland , Electrician, Journeyman (LCC-A), Other , Cleveland, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!