Clinical Team Assistant
Company: Hospice of Chattanooga
Posted on: June 6, 2021
About our Organization
We at Hospice of Chattanooga will take the time to listen, honor
your choices, and walk with you through life's journey. Our family
of care provide hospice, palliative care, perinatal hospice care as
well as care-sitting, caregiver support, social services and
bereavement. Our vision is to enrich our communities through
education, planning, and nurturing throughout life's journey. We're
here for you when you need us most. We are proud to be a Great
Place to Work Certified!
Our Locations and Service Areas
We proudly serve patients and families in private homes,
assisted living facilities, skilled nursing facilities, hospitals,
and our care center. We serve 22 counties throughout Tennessee,
Georgia and North Carolina. Our home office is in Chattanooga,
Compensation, Benefits & Work-Life Balance
To attract, reward, motivate and retain great people, Hospice of
Chattanooga offers a flexible work environment, a generous Paid
Time Off Policy, competitive salaries, and an outstanding benefits
package to include a 403B retirement plan with employer match, and
company paid Long Term Care, Long Term Disability and Life
Insurance to eligible employees. Please visit our website for
additional employment opportunities and more information on the
variety of benefit options available to our employees.
Join us in making a difference in someone's life! We are
currently seeking a Clinical Team Assistant to join our group of
dedicated and experienced professionals.
Job Description Summary
The CTA is responsible for coordinating all office activities
including: medical records, data entry, maintaining patient
records, preparing for all meetings, coordinating all telephone
calls and maintaining sufficient office supplies. The CTA is
responsible to the Program Director and assists with direct patient
expenditures coordination, employee time sheets, personnel records
and billing liaison.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Maintains accurate up to date medical records in accordance
with regulations of Medicare and the Policy and Procedure
- Communicates effectively on the telephone with patients,
families and staff.
- Answers incoming calls and forwards to appropriate staff person
or takes a message if the person is not available.
- Welcomes and assists all guests.
- Manages incoming, outgoing and interoffice mail.
- Performs typing, faxing and coping tasks as requested for
various staff persons.
- Inputs data into computer for billing purposes.
- Orders and maintains accurate records of medical equipment and
- Responsible for informing staff of any changes, updates, etc.,
regarding admissions; discharges, visits, schedules; and clinical
meetings as directed by the Program Director, VP of Program
Operations and/or Clinical Manager.
- Responsible for gathering and recording staff members'
- Tracks admission, discharge, IDTs, certification and
re-certification dates on all patients.
- Responsible for assisting with audits of patient
- Maintains accurate mailing lists of employees; patients;
volunteers, Medical Directors, physicians and nursing facilities
and forwards any changes to the Home Office.
- Performs other necessary functions/duties as assigned by the
Program Director and/or Clinical Manager.
- Participates in and assists with community activities, i.e.,
health fairs, conventions, community education programs, etc. as
assigned by Program Director, VP of Program Operations and/or
- Minimum of high school education; preferably with secretarial
and computer background.
- General knowledge of spelling, punctuation, grammar, medical
records and office procedures.
- Basic knowledge of office machines.
- Basic knowledge of telephone skills.
- Aptitude or computer data entry and use of current software
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
- Ability to meet the public and staff as a positive, friendly
and professional representative of the agency.
- Effective social interaction, communication and organizational
skills and the ability to perform a variety of tasks
- Personal car for travel and valid driver's license.
- Carry personal auto liability insurance coverage.
Location-Service Area: Cleveland, TN
Employment Status: Full Time
Hospice of Chattanooga is an equal opportunity employer. Hospice
of Chattanooga will hire the most qualified applicants for
positions and provide Equal Employment Opportunities for all
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status,
marital status or disability.
Keywords: Hospice of Chattanooga, Cleveland , Clinical Team Assistant, Other , Cleveland, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!