Finishing Operator Hiring Event
Company: Mohawk Industries
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Inspect packaging and labels, monitor packaging equipment,
changeover finishing equipment.Job duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for personal safety and participating in plant
- Monitor box forming, packaging, and palletizing process on the
- Set up box forming equipment for various sizes of boxes.
- Keep constant supply of boxes to the box former.
- Call for pallets when needed.
- Set up palletizer for multiple sizes of pallets.
- Inspect quality of boxes, packaging and labels.
- Must follow the quality management system policy and procedures
to insure accuracy of inspection.
- Communicate defects and issues to appropriate manufacturing
- Provide appropriate disposition of sub quality product.
- Maintain a clean and efficient work station.
- Assist with changeovers.
- Use hoist/crane when necessary for changeovers.
- Perform preventative maintenance and cleaning in area.
- Inspect and sort off quality product when needed.
- Operate fork truck.
- Job rotation and relief of other team members.
- Fix any jams on the line which requires going under and on top
of the machines at any time.
- Load and unload 4k pound dies into the machine with crane.
- Lifting boxes of planks that weigh around 15-20 pounds.
- During changeover the operator must go inside the machines
while it is locked out and change over parts. During this process
the operator must climb around on the inside of the packaging area
to be able to change these parts out.
- Load boxes into the box machine. Must be able to lift
50lbs.Essential Skills and Experience:
- Flexible for all shifts.
- Computer efficient.
- Mechanical or maintenance experience desired.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High level of mechanical aptitude.
- Commitment to company values and safe work practices.
- Excellent attention to detail.Physical Demands and Work
Environment:The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is required to stand for long periods of time; walk; sit;
use hands to handle or feel object, tools, or controls; reach with
hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; and hear. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by the job include color vision, close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.What to
- Two forms of IDPreferred dress codeDress code is Casual (come
as you are, but please be presentable).About Mohawk
IndustriesMohawk Industries is the largest flooring manufacturer in
the world. We are a Fortune 500 multinational company that employs
a diverse workforce of more than 38,000 talented people worldwide.
We are an industry leader in innovation, design, performance,
service and sustainability. Mohawk continues to grow both
organically and through acquisitions.With its long, celebrated
history in the flooring industry, Mohawk offers the stability of a
global, industry-leading company with a comprehensive product
offering and vertically integrated manufacturing. Our teams span a
vast array of functional areas, from infrastructure to research and
development to logistics and operations, and everything in
between.With a world-class safety culture and award-winning
training and development opportunities, Mohawk's focus on
continuous improvement applies not only to manufacturing processes
and technology but to individual and team development, as well.What
is a hiring event?Think of it like a job fair, but for one company
and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to
fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they
would like to meet you to see if you're a fit!
Keywords: Mohawk Industries, Cleveland , Finishing Operator Hiring Event, Other , Cleveland, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!