EHS Specialist - Manufacturing
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: February 5, 2019
- Scope/Purpose: --To establish and document core job duties as the basis for a training and development plan to develop the skills necessary to perform the job effectively.--
- Basic Job Function and Scope
Greater than 50% of the EHS Coordinators time should be spent on the manufacturing floor to among other things observe operations, identify hazards and corrective actions, and engage as many employees as possible in the effort to achieve local EHS objectives.
Must be able to effectively communicate interpersonally and with large / diverse groups
2.1) Oversee the implementation of the CLIENT environmental health and safety program, and support the development and administration of Plant Level 2 EHS policies, procedures, and work instructions.
2.2) Review all incident investigations for accuracy, including a description of the incident, the identification of root cause, and thorough corrective actions
- Lead the effort to develop corrective that improve working conditions and prevent occupational injury and illness.
- Manage company compliance with all relevant environmental, occupational health, and workplace safety regulations and standards.
- Implement and maintain the Emergency Action Plan for the Plant.
- --Support the development of EHS education and training tools
- Analyzes data to drive corrective actions.
- Stay current with regard to new developments in the industry and rules and regulations.
- Collect data and provide reports (Loss Runs, MOS, etc)
- Support continuous improvement and employee engagement.
3.0) Specific Duties
3.1) Occupational Health and Safety
3.11) Track and report improvement actions based on results from Systemic Improvement Plan (SIP) audits, SAFE Audits, and Layered Process Audits, and loss analysis
- Provide Incident Rate, Lost Time Accident rate, DART Rate, corresponding accident information, corrective actions and cost data to Human Resources Manager for MOS charts.
- Take a leadership role on the plant health and safety committee.
- Support the development of training and education tools such as, needs assessments, training content, training methods, and media.
- Escalate all incidents to Human Resources Manager and Plant
- Lead compliance effort with corporate guidelines for all programs and initiatives.
- As part of a team, direct and participate in the Manufacturing Readiness assessment for all new/modified, or transferred equipment in the plant.
- Help to ensure consistent administration of company and plant policies and rules as they relate to safety.
- Prepare power point presentation for use on escalation call for all Lost Time Accidents.
3.2) Worker's Compensation (US) -If assigned this responsibility
- Enter all information concerning work related incidents into the Risk Management Information System (RMIS) data base on a timely basis including type of injury and potential corrective actions.
- Submit all compensable injuries to the Third Party Administrator for Workers Compensation Claims.
- Coordinate efforts with medical providers to give the best medical treatment possible.
- Document and coordinate return to work plans, with the worker, medical provider, and operations for employees who have sustained a work related injury. Verify employee receives a return to work job offer letter.
- Participate in claims reviews.
- Assist and verify completeness of Supervisors in Incident Investigations including 'Five Why' root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Date stamp all workers' compensation mail
- File FROI (First Report of Injury) within 48 hours to the state
- Submit wages to claim representative as soon as lost time occurs. Verify AWW/FWW (Average Weekly Wage/Full Weekly Wage) calculations are accurate
- If employee is off work, follow up and make contact with them to get updates
- Develop and implement programs and policies for monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards at the facility.
- Monitor the company's environmental policies and verify that the plant is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Whenever there is a process modification, including material change, or the installation of new equipment, complete a permit evaluation to determine air, land and water permits requirements.
- Administer the chemical safety program, including requirements for hazardous communication and global harmonization.
- Perform Compliance Audits
- Maintain and/or support the location's ISO 14001 certification
- Assure completeness and submit all required environmental reports
- Participate in at least two (2) Safety Kaizen events annually.
- Participate in all plant wide communication meetings with employees.
- --Participate in accountability meeting by bringing awareness to EHS related issues.
- Take a leadership position on plant health and safety committee.
4.0) Latitude for Actions and Decisions
4.1 Provides instruction to others, including work of contract personnel
4.2 Devises work methods according to general directives, policies, or specialized professional standards
4.3 Works under broad assignment guided by policies and overall programs
4.4 Work is subject to detailed audit and checks at regular intervals
4.5 Supervisor keeps advised of work progress and spot-checks of completed work
4.6 Work accomplishments are subject to general review by top management
A World Class Tier I Automotive supplier has an IMMEDIATE need to fill a position of EHS Specialist at their facility located east of Chattanooga, TN. The successful candidate will have a strong background in EHS within a manufacturing environment. A BS is preferred but not required.
5.0) Skills and Experience Requirements
5.1) Bachelor's degree from college or university; or five years related--experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5.2) Will have 5-7 full-time years EHS experience in a manufacturing environment.
5.3) Certifications meeting legal requirements to practice EHS in the region.
5.4) Lean Manufacturing skills.
5.5) MS Office tools fluency
5.6) Must be able to work in a team oriented environment.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Cleveland , EHS Specialist - Manufacturing, Other , Cleveland, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!