Dialysis Patient Care Technician
Company: Dialysis Care Center
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Dialysis Patient Care Technician
Dialysis Care CenterPURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports the mission, core values and customer service of Home
Dialysis Services & Dialysis Care Center, LLC (HDS/DCC).
Adheres to the HDS/DCC Policies and Procedures and Compliance
Program including all state and federal regulatory
The In Center Hemodialysis Patient Care Technician is responsible
for providing exceptional hemodialysis care to patients under the
supervision of the RN in the assigned In Center.
PRIMARY DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Entering prescribed treatment into dialysis machine, setting up
dialysis machines, dismantling dialysis machine after treatment is
completed, performing chemical disinfection of dialysis machines
- Observing dialysis machines and RO water system for correct
functioning, responding to visual and audible alarms and making
appropriate adjustments throughout the dialysis treatment to ensure
- Monitoring vital signs during treatment and taking patient
vitals pro and post dialysis; blood pressure, temperature, weight
and documenting it on the Hemodialysis Treatment Record
- Perform vascular access evaluation pre-treatment and report
unusual findings to RN immediately
- Perform cannulation of patient's vascular access or performing
catheter care, as allowed by state law.
- Obtain homeostasis and apply appropriate dressings.
- Adheres to all facility policies, procedures, and protocols,
participates in all required staff meetings.
- Collects patient data, monitor and document status of vascular
accesses, and patient observations.
- Reviews lab work, collecting or obtaining blood samples and
blood culture specimens and prepares package for shipping.
- Immediately reports abnormal findings or change in status to
assigned RN for further evaluation.
- Communicates all emergencies, patient life-threatening
complications, and related situations to the attention of the RN
for further instruction.
- Maintains compliance with safety and infection preventative
measures, ensuring patient safety.
- Reinforces education with patients and family members on all
aspects of End Stage Renal Disease.
- Assists in the management of inventory supplies.
- Other duties, as assigned.CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Responsible for supporting the values and customer service
standards of HDS/DCC.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all staff,
clients and vendors
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through
effective and timely communication.
- Initiates action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding
customer service issues with all customers in a timely
- Must possess a minimum of High School diploma or GED
- Current CCHT, Bonent or State required certificate
- Current CPR card
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced
setting; experience in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word and
Excel a must
- Good presentation & communication skills
- Must be productive & resourceful with the ability to meet
- 1 or more years' experience as a certified Patient Care
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently yet function
in a highly collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong data entry, organizational and interpersonal skills
- High integrity, team player with patient service focus and
flexibilityPHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Working hours can vary including the days, nights, weekends, and
holidays. This position requires extensive travel between assigned
patient's homes and may be up to long distances depending on the
patient's needs. Travel to scheduled staff meeting may be required.
PCTs spend considerable time walking, bending, stretching, and
standing; assisting in patient transfers. PCTs must follow proper
body mechanics and procedures for lifting/ repositioning patients
without injury. PCTs may face hazards from exposure to chemicals
and infectious/ contagious diseases. The work environment is
characteristic of a dialysis facility with air temperature control
and moderate noise.
Ability to lift at least 30 pounds. Moving, lifting or transferring
of patients may involve lifting of up to fifty (50) pounds.
Must be able to pass the Isahara's Color Blindness Test.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as
illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them
from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical
assignment to the position.
Keywords: Dialysis Care Center, Cleveland , Dialysis Patient Care Technician, Professions , Cleveland, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!