Technician II, Test Lab
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Comfort starts with our 13,000+ team members across the globe,
who are transforming the power of comfort every day. Our employees
have the power to change lives, in our homes, work and communities.
We foster an inclusive environment while honoring a legacy built on
family, where everyone can be themselves.
If you are ready to join an industry leading organization where our
people are the most important asset, and innovation propels us into
the future, you're ready to take your seat at La-Z-Boy
WE BELIEVE IN THE TRANSFORMATIONAL POWER OF COMFORT Job Summary:
This position leads the support efforts for the lab's customers by
executing predetermined test procedures to evaluate, validate, and
verify product performance of systems and components. Test Lab
Technician documents testing details and results to capture for
future reference and support design and process projects. Job
Description: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Safely execute and record testing on all the Company's
Incorporated purchased and manufactured products as required (i.e.
textiles, flexible polyurethane foam, fasteners, mechanisms,
frames, electrical actuators, etc.).
* Completes formal lab reports with all appropriate documentation
* Builds fixtures and maintains test equipment (electrical,
mechanical, pneumatic, and the general lab area) in working order,
which includes maintaining and procuring inventory of laboratory
consumables as necessary.
* Establishes and maintains competency of all related industry and
internal test standards applicable to products of the Company's
Incorporated and its subsidiaries. This includes maintaining an
understanding of all internal standard operating procedures.
* Communicates updates to test stakeholders as planned or
requested. Includes both individual details and general schedule
* Composes and develops internal test standards dealing with the
Company's incorporated products.
* Maintains database of testing procedures, standards (internal and
external), and results.
* Trains other technicians and lab customers on lab practices,
procedures, and general product information.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Leads the Test Lab Technician team in creating, recording, and
communicating objective, repeatable empirical data to validate or
verify product specifications.
* High School Diploma or GED with 2-4 years of relevant experience
* Proficient in Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, Outlook & Project),
* Able to program and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers
* Proficient in the use of measurement tools (i.e. micrometer,
calipers, gage pins, CMM, etc.).
* Proficient ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical
issues in test equipment.
* Strong experience with general lab safety and process controls
* 4+ years direct experience in a specific field of testing
(mechanical, electrical, textile, metallurgical, or other subject
* Significant experience in more than one field of testing.
* Strong familiarity with furniture construction, textiles, or
small electronic products.
* Experience mentoring/teaching others.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Often required to sit, repetitive hand motion (such as typing),
hear, listen, talk, stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat,
balance, reach overhead, crawl, pill, push and lift - up to 50
pounds. Seldom required to climb stairs, climb ladders or Lift up
to 75 pounds. Not required to shovel.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. Weekly Hours: 40 Work Shift: First Shift (United
States of America)
Keywords: La-Z-Boy, Cleveland , Technician II, Test Lab, Professions , Dayton, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!